Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Before, Now & After

            My name is Brenda Jimenez. I had always lived in Anaheim with my family. I went To Benjamin Franklin Elementary, South Junior High, and Then I graduated from Katella High School. I figured that I would be going to California State University, Fullerton, but that did not happen. I was accepted to go there, but I did not have the money and I did not want to get a loan because of the interest rates. So, I decided to go to Fullerton Community College, and continue on going to St. Boniface Church because I became a group leader. Which, I did! I started at Fullerton in Fall of 2009 and kept going to church to help the younger youth get in touch with God. I went to school Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Then I went to church, Tuesdays, Fridays, Sundays, and sometimes Saturdays. I loved helping at every church event that we had. Also, I spent as much time as possible with my friends and family. I loved all my family events.                             
            But, then I decided to move in with my boyfriend, last December who was already living in Oxnard. So, I do not see my friends or family as much as I want to. We only drive to Anaheim on special occasions. For instance, since I continued my education at the same college through online classes I would go back and forth for tests. Then, on the day of my last final, my husband and I went to Anaheim and we got married through the court. This is why I am now going to Oxnard College. This was something that I had not planned, but it was worth it. Now I am able to take more courses than at my other school. I also, hope to get another job soon because my husband is disabled for the moment, and he cannot work.                                                                                                                                               
             As for my future, I plan to complete my general education and get my Associate’s Degree in Psychology by this Spring or the next Fall Semester. I am hoping to become A Special Education Teacher after transferring to a four year university and to also get my teaching credentials. Then, my husband and I plan to go to Mexico and get married through the church over there. After that, I hope to start or have started a family. I want to have children, but I am not sure of when that will happen. However, if I do start a family by the time I am done with school, I plan to move to Mexico for two to five of years and teach over there. Since we both have very big families over there, we want to move over there for awhile. Yet, since I cannot see the future, things can change, so I always take things, one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment