Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reality TV

           I do not watch that much television these days, so I rarely watch reality tv.  If anything,
I usually watch movies.  I tend to avoid reality shows because  I do not like them.  I try to avoid them as much as possible.  Even though, sometimes I end up watching them because my husband wants to watch them.  Or sometimes, also because we go to visit the family and they are already watching one of those shows.
            However, I am not really sure about them being a harm or a help to our society.  I think, that maybe, in the past they probably were more of a harm because of how and/or what people thought about whatever, they would watch.  But, now everyone seems to be more open-minded and we seem to think mire objectively.  In other words, we think twice about if what we are watching can really happen, or if it is completely made up with technology.            
            In my opinion, reality shows have a huge affect on our society.  Whether, we accept the fact or not, anything and everything we watch, say, or do, always affect us in one way or another.  Sometimes, we do not see right away how it may affect us, but it does.  We can be affect in a positive way or a negative way.   For instance, if a young child watches people fighting, they may think that, that is “cool” and then they may start fighting with anyone, for no reason.  Their excuse for doing what they did, is that they saw it in television, and that they did not see any harm in their actions.  When in reality, television does show how badly hurt someone can get or the consequences of their actions.  So, reality television may be a good or bad thing to watch.  It all just depends of the person’s mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment